Dinning to encourage excellence and champion University of Calgary in the community.
Interested in becoming a University of Calgary Senator? Click here.
Click here to view upcoming meetings.
The Vision Statement of the Senate is: Senate engaging community.
The Mission of the Senate is to:
- enhance the University's position in the community
- promote the University
- influence decision makers
- foster student interests
- promote and recognize excellence
- represent the public interest
The Goal of Senate:
Senate is the pre-eminent community body that works to increase:
- the value of university education to the citizens of Calgary and Alberta
- recognition among citizens of the contribution of the University of Calgary
- citizens' engagement in, commitment to and support of the University of Calgary
The work of Senate is directed by the following Guiding Principles:
- Senators, both individually and collectively, promote the University's accomplishments and aspirations for the future.
- Senate broadens the inclusion of citizens in the University.
- Senate nurtures pride in the University and raises commitment to participate in the building of excellence in the University.
"It is the duty of a senate to inquire into any matter that might benefit the University and enhance its position in the community."~Post-secondary Learning Act, 2004 ~ Government of Alberta